Tamiya 58519 - 1/10 Toyota Bruiser 4X4 Off-Road Pickup Truck
This electric R/C assembly kit reproduces the 4WD Toyota Hilux Pick-Up (RN36), which enjoyed wide popularity in the US and Japan during the 1980s and is still adored by many fans today. The model features a ladder frame like the actual vehicle, Type 540 motor, 3-speed transmission, and an abundance of metal parts for a high level of realism. Its live axle suspension features metal axle housings, leaf springs, and oil dampers while a metal front under guard helps the model take on tough off-road conditions. A highly detailed injection-molded body and large 123mm diameter tires also gives the model a stylish, high-lift appearance.
About the Toyota Hilux Pick-Up
The 3rd generation Toyota Hilux Pick-up (30/40 Series) debuted in 1978 and the RN36 model was developed specifically for export markets. It featured a sporty, lightweight body and was powered by a 98hp 1,968cc 4-cylinder gasoline engine. Furthermore, its live axle suspension featured front leaf spring shackles located towards the rear to provide sufficient approach/departure angles for superb off-road performance. Front/rear flared fenders and large tires gave the truck a tall, aggressive stance. The RN36 model was mainly exported to North America but was also later sold in Japan, and there are still many fans of this pick-up to this day.
- Equipped with metal front under guard. Knuckle mechanism is just like that on an actual truck.
- Highly-durable front & rear die-cast metal wheel hubs.
- A planetary gear ensures optimum ratios while a metal dog clutch, shift forks, and plastic gears combine to deliver smooth gear changes.
- Durable, lightweight die-cast aluminum front/rear axle housings are equipped with differentials.
- Power is delivered from the transmission to the front wheels via universal drive shaft.
- An abundance of metal parts is incorporated for a high level of realism.
- The Bruiser body, including the sleeper cab, is made of durable injection-molded ABS plastic
- Metal ladder frame chassis retains the original layout and features a black-finished surface
- Newly-designed die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears
- Refined clutch mechanisms offer smooth gear changes and superb durability. 3-speed gears are possible (1st gear=4WD, 2nd & 3rd gears=Rear Wheel Drive)
- Newly-designed front/rear axle housings are equipped with differential gears to offer smooth cornering performance
- Front and rear differentials may be locked for enhanced off-road performance
- Front & rear large diameter tires offer superb traction
- Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights
- Length: 525mm, Width: 278mm, Height: 275mm, Weight: 3.2kg
- Tread: 200mm (Front), 218mm (Rear)
- Wheelbase: 287mm
- Tire Width/Diameter (F/R): 60/123mm
- Type 540 Motor
- Longitudinally-Mounted Motor Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Front & Rear 6-Pinion Differential Gears
- Front & Rear Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio; 1st Gear=1：54.63 (4WD), 2nd Gear=1：40.49 (2WD), 3rd Gear=1：27.92 (2WD)
- Requires an Electronic Speed Controller & 4-Channel radio system (sold separately)
- Adjustable Gear Ratio: Transmitter controlled 3-speed transmission
- Bearings: Shielded ball bearing
- Body Material: ABS Plastic
- Body Stickers: Included
- Chassis Material: Steel
- Construction Type: Assembly Kit
- Differential Type: Gear
- Drive Type: 4WD
- Electronic Speed Control: (esc) Not Included
- Led Light Buckets: Yes
- Led Lights: No
- Motor: 540-brushed type
- Requires: 4-channel radio, 2 servos, ESC (electronic speed control), 7.2volt battery with compatible charger, Tamiya TS &Acrylic paint, and plastic cement
- Scale: 1/10
- Shock Damper: Oil-filled damper
- Suspension: Leaf spring
- Terrain Use: Multi-purpose