Tamiya 1/10 Egress 4WD Off-Road Racer (2013)
|Available in store:||Check availability|
Tamiya 58583 - 1/10 Egress 4WD Off-Road Racer (2013) Kit
This is a re-release of the iconic Egress 4WD off-road racing buggy. The Egress first appeared in 1989. It was a follow up kit to the Avante, which had a huge fan following. The original Egress featured stacks of special racing parts. The Egress (2013) builds upon the racy original of the same name, adding modern parts to bring it fully up to speed with available battery and motor technologies available in the hobby market today.
Shaft Drive 4WD!
This shaft-driven 4WD chassis features a longitudinally-positioned motor and full ball bearings, while carbon fiber upper and lower decks ensure that the model has superb strength. Re-designed front and rear ball differentials offer excellent reliability and easy maintenance, working in tandem with the built-in center one-way to provide sure-footed movement. The one-way bearing can be locked. Universal drive shafts feature the same design as those used in the current TRF series parts, in order to maximize power transmission and improve resistance to wear and tear. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension is supported by 4 oil dampers equipped with aluminum cylinders, while the front and rear of the model are fitted with stabilizers. Aluminum front uprights offer excellent reliability, and ball bearings in steering linkage arms combine with 2mm thick carbon fiber plate to offer a linear steering response.
- Length: 430mm, Width: 243mm, Height: 157mm
- Wheelbase: 275mm
- Tread (Front & Rear): 200mm
- Newly-designed parts such as ball differentials and universal joints give smooth power transfer.
- Long wheelbase carbon fiber-reinforced chassis is fitted with center one-way.
- Carbon Fiber Double Deck Frame
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Polycarbonate Body and Undertray
- Front & Rear Ball Differentials + Center One-Way
- Lightweight wheels are fitted with hybrid spike tires.
- 3-Piece Steering Tie Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Tire Width/Diameter: 32/88mm (Front), 40/88mm (Rear)
- Features a number of carbon fiber-reinforced parts such as upper/lower decks & central torque-splitter diff.
- High-Capacity Aluminum Cylinder Oil Dampers
- Gear Ratio: 8.25:1 (When using kit-included 22T pinion)
- Requires Type 540 Motor and Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
Requires 2-Channel radio, servo, ESC, motor, 7.2 volt battery & compatible battery charger, and Tamiya PS polycarbonate paint to complete the kit.
Adjustable Gear Ratio: Yes
Bearings: Shielded ball bearing
Body Material: Polycarbonate
Body Stickers: Included
Chassis Material: Carbon fiber plate
Construction Type: Assembly Kit
Differential Type: Gear
Drive Type: 4WD
Led Light Buckets: no
Led Lights: no
Motor: not included
Requires: A 2-channel radio gear, electronic speed control, motor, 7.2 volt battery & charger, Tamiya PS spray paint.
Shock Damper: oil-filled damper
Suspension: Fully Independent Double Wishbone
Terrain Use: Off-Road