Dragon Models 6573 - 1/35 Sherman III DV, Early Production
|Available in store:||Check availability|
Dragon Models 6573 - 1/35 Sherman III DV, Early Production Model Kit
The industrial might of the USA guaranteed mass production of thousands of M4 Sherman tanks, with many being given to Allies under the Lend-Lease Act. Great Britain was one major recipient of Shermans (17,184 vehicles in total), and Dragon's latest release depicts one such vehicle. Kit No. 6573 is a Sherman III Early-Production vehicle, the British nomenclature "III" referring to an M4A2. The British operated more than 5,000 of these diesel-powered Sherman III tanks with 75mm guns during WWII, making it the second-most common Sherman variant in British service. Many fought in North Africa and Italy, for example. This kit has Direct Vision (DV) slots for the driver and co-driver in the glacis plate, with this feature being a forerunner to vehicles equipped with periscope vision devices.
Building on the success of earlier Dragon Sherman IIIs, this latest kit has received newly tooled parts where appropriate for a DV Early-Production vehicle. For easy assembly, the upper hull and lower hull are both created as one-piece components thanks to sophisticated slide molds. The plastic turret has received a finely textured surface that beautifully renders the original cast pattern. Two types of transmission cover are provided, which will allow modelers to replicate a specific tank. The highly accurate kit benefits from multimedia materials too, to upgrade particular details - for example, photo-etched parts and DS tracks. Naturally, high-quality Cartograf decals provide markings for a range of British tanks. This tank is a very useful addition to the Sherman kit family, and it will definitely please Shermanaholics... as well as everyone else too!
- Newly tooled glacis plate w/direct-vision hoods accurately reproduced
- One-piece Early 75mm-gun turret has cast texture
- Slide-molded gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Commander's hatch w/periscope can be assembled open/closed
- Bolted connecting plate for gun-shield attachment rendered in fine detail
- Hatch hoods accurately reproduced
- Direct-vision covers can be molded open/closed
- Two types of ammo box provided as an option
- Ammo box mount w/great detail
- Slide-molded antiaircraft MG w/hollow muzzle
- One-piece upper hull w/weld seams
- One-piece lower hull w/bolt details
- Two types of transmission cover made from multiple slide-molded parts
- Photo-etched OVM w/clasp detail
- Detailed headlight and horn guards
- Suspension system realistically reproduced
- Separate engine-deck panel and grilles
- Fully detailed T41 DS tracks
Model Requires Assembly. Paint and glue required. Ages 13 & up.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.